8 Days/ 7 Nights
1443 € per person
The package includes:
- Transfers included. By car for 1-3 people, by shuttle bas for 4-8 people. Transfer from and to airport or station can also be arranged for you.
- 7 nights’ accommodation
- 5x Cycle tours through beautiful hand-picked routes with experienced cycle guide
- Rental bike for duration of stay, with repair kit, pump etc.
- Daily breakfast
- Daily evening meals
- Various afternoon activities – relaxing massage, beauty treatment, thermal spa, Brunello wine tasting and dinner at a famous cellar, Nobile wine tasting and dinner at a historic cellar, shopping trip
- Trip to Siena with lunch at a selected typical restaurant
- Guide for all activities by car or by shuttle bus
- Welcome cycle pack, water bottle, energy bar
- Farewell dinner in selected typical restaurant
ACCOMMODATIONSingle room, en-suite bathroom – from €1443 per person
Comfortable single room with a single bed and en-suit bathroom
- Room type Single room
- Bathroom En-suite
- Sleeps up to 1
- Total number of rooms 4
Double room, en-suite bathroom – from €1443 per person
Double room with single beds that can be made up as a double with en-suite bathroom
- Room type Double room
- Bathroom En-suite
- Sleeps up to 2
- Total number of rooms 10
NON PARTECIPATING GUESTSNon-participating guests – prices from €1243 per person
It’s possible for a partner or friend to join this holiday even if they don’t want to participate in the activity, but they must share a room with a participating guest.
Prices for non-participating guests vary depending on when you travel and the room you stay in, check availability and prices when you proceed to the booking page.
WHAT TO BRING
- Cycle kit (seasonal)
- Cycle shoes and pedals (unless using normal pedals supplied with bike)
- Money for lunches, beverages and visits
- Your own crash hat
- At time of booking:-
- Request for crash hat, and if possible the following measurements – taken from the centre of cranks to top of your seat, from the front of your seat (nose) to the middle of your handle bars where the bars are clamped into the stem.
CYCLING FOR WOMEN
Join this wonderful and relaxing break in Tuscany, exclusively designed for you. During this unique 7 night cycling holiday, you will join a group of like-minded women as you cycle through the picturesque landscape of Tuscany and immerse yourself in the comforts of rural Italy. After your morning in the saddle, you’ll enjoy spa treatments, massages and cultural tours in the afternoon, as you get to know one another. With delicious breakfasts each morning and beautiful evening meals to enjoy together, and you’re sure to make friends that will last long after your time in Tuscany ends. This holiday is designed for women who enjoy travelling alone or with friends, and is an adventure that you’ll want to return to again and again.
Every morning you will meet the group at a local coffee bar to discuss your cycle route before setting off. These routes are designed for you so that you have the chance to cycle through some of the most beautiful landscapes and cultural places of interest in this area of Tuscany. You’ll be able to immerse yourself in the Italian lifestyle and enjoy the spectacular countryside around you. Each afternoon after the cycle rides, there are wine and food tastings which include the sensational local Pecorino (sheep) cheese, world famous wines and the cured meats of the Cinta Senese (ancient breed of pig) as well as beauty treatments. One day is set aside for you to visit Siena and you will enjoy lunch at a charming local restaurant serving regional specialties.
An example of a usual weeks itinerary
- Day 1: Transfer from airport or station to check in at your hotel in Tuscany where you’ll receive a warm welcome.
- Day 2: After breakfast, we’ll meet at a local coffee car and go over the day’s route. Today we’ll take the scenic road with views of Lago di Trasimeno in the distance to the pretty medieval town of Cortona (also known for the novel Tuscany Under the Sun) set on the side of a large forested hill which was founded by the Etruscans over 2000 years ago. We’ll take a well deserved break at a local coffee bar where you’ll be able to treat yourself to a panino tortina or a light lunch. Then you’ll have the opportunity to look around this beautiful town before the return ride to Chianciano Terme. In the afternoon you will enjoy a relaxing Mediterranean massage based on personal rebalance. The evening brings a delicious dinner of pizza Napoletana in an authentic pizzeria.
- Day 3: Once we’ve had our cappuccino briefing, we’ll head on to the Brunello Wine Road around the area of Montalcino where we’ll cycle through rolling vineyards and wine estates heading for Pienza and a well-deserved break at a local bar where you can treat yourself to a snack. You’ll love Pienza a classic renaissance town also well-known for the wonderful Pecorino cheese shops. Later, we’ll visit Montalcino, a charming hill top town and also the old abbey of Sant’Antimo. In the evening, we’ll enjoy a guided Brunello wine tasting along with a delicious dinner in a selected historic cellar.
- Day 4: We’ll meet over a coffee before heading out on a ride that takes us to the hamlet of Montefollonico located on a wooded ridge looking down onto Val di Chiana and the Val d’Orcia and just a stone’s throw from Montepulciano. It is locally appreciated for the Vin Santo, a delicioius dessert win having been enjoyed as far back as the middle ages. This hamlet was founded around the year 1000 but digs nearby testify that the area was settled during prehistoric times. The name derives from the wool-dyeing carried out by the villagers which the Romans named Fullonico, which developed over time into Monte a Fullonico then as it’s known today as Montefollonico. It is a place off the usual tourist map accessible by a road which runs up the side of the wooded ridge. A great place to stop for a light snack and a chance to stroll around to explore this extraordinary place where life continues with or without the influence of outsiders, changing only by the seasons. In the afternoon you’ll visit a nearby thermal spa, the ideal place to relax and unwind, taking advantage of the nourishing and healing minerals of the water.
- Day 5: Today we take a break from the saddle to visit the city of Siena (famous for the Palio which is a bare-back horse race around the centre) where we will enjoy some sightseeing and a delicious lunch in a handpicked typical restaurant. Here in Siena you’ll have the opportunity of experiencing this calm, small city with many sights including the beautiful Cathedral as well as the unusual fan-shaped main square, Piazza del Campo. It is a bustling university city with many interesting shops and coffee bars.
- Day 6: After our morning coffee, our cycling route takes us to Monticchiello di Pienza, a very small and quaint medieval village close to Pienza, founded in Roman times, then it was expanded during the middle ages. It has a Roman Gothic style church which overlooks the castle and is locally well known for its theatre productions. The village is set amongst beautiful rolling countryside with heavily forested hillocks. After you’ve treated yourself to a snack it’s an occasion to take a stroll or rest and soak up the ambience of this historical location. The afternoon is filled with relaxing group activities, a beauty treatment of a facial cleaning and pedicure or manicure. Then there’s a trip to Montepulciano with a Nobile wine tasting in a historic wine cellar.
- Day 7: Today’s splendid route will find us travelling along the Nobile wine road with Montepulciano in the distance. You’ll pass the rolling vineyards and wine estates which grow the grapes of the Nobile wine you have already sampled. We’ll ride to Montepulciano which is said to be one of the highest hilltop towns in Tuscany situated on a ridge with Val d’Orcia on one side and Val di Chiana on the other providing spectacular views. Then you’ll have the opportunity to reward yourself with a snack and after, walk the steep historic narrow roads lined with specialist shops of leather and local products including cheese and wine and situated at the top of the town is Piazza Grande with its wonderful ancient buildings. Later, you’ll go shopping ‘Italian style’. In the evening you’ll be taken to one of our preferred restaurants for a delicious farewell dinner.
- Day 8: Departure day and transfer to station or airport.
A stay in Chianciano Terme lets you enjoy the exceptional local culture, wine, gastronomy and gelato as you take part in your cycling activities. A small lively town, with shops, restaurants, Etruscan museum, historic thermal spas, swimming complex and walks with wonderful views.