8 Days/ 7 Nights
1828 € per person
The package includes:
- 7 nights’ accommodation in double room, 4 star hotel, HB
- 4 x cycle tours with experienced cycle guide
- Bike rental (high level) for duration of stay, including repair kit, pump and lock (Crash hat on request)
- English speaking local cycle guide for 4 days
- Daily breakfast
- Evening meal
- Afternoon activities including: Cheese tasting, Nobile Wine tasting, Brunello wine tasting and dinner, cured meat and Chianti wine Tasting
- 1x Trip to Siena and lunch in a selected restaurant
- 1 x Trip to Florence or Assisi and lunch in a selected restaurant
- 1 x Trip to Italian Shopping Style
- Transfer for all visits and activities in the programme by car or by shuttle bus
ACCOMMODATIONSupplement for single room € 210 per person
- Comfortable single room with a single bed and en-suit bathroom
- Room type Single room
- Bathroom En-suite
- Sleeps up to 1
Double room with single beds that can be made up as a double with en-suite bathroom
- Room type Double room
- Bathroom En-suite
- Sleeps up to 2
This very nice 4 star hotel hotel is located in the lively little town of Chianciano Terme, well positioned, with easy connections to Italy’s major central cities. The hotel is within walking distance to all of the bars, restaurants and shops, which you can easily explore on foot. With its modern and spacious rooms complete with en-suite bathrooms and extremely comfortable beds, you’ll find it easy to unwind and relax during your free time! You can enjoy a refreshing drink on the sun-drenched terrace and dine in the restaurant, which features delicious traditional Tuscan delicacies and regional specialties.
NON PARTECIPATING GUESTSNon-participating guests – prices from €1475 per person
It’s possible for a partner or friend to join this holiday even if they don’t want to participate in the cycling tours.
Non participants guests must share a room with a participating guest and they are included in the excursions: day 4 (Siena o Orvieto) and 7 (Firenze o Assisi).
Prices for non-participating guests vary depending on when you travel and the room you stay in, check availability and prices when you proceed to the booking page.
OPTIONALE-bike € 80
WHAT TO BRING
- Cycle kit (seasonal)
- Cycle shoes and pedals (unless using normal pedals supplied with bike)
- Money for lunches, beverages and visits
- Your own crash hat (or you can request)
If you join us on this week-long recreational cycling and gastronomy package, you’ll have the opportunity to mix the pleasure of cycling through the beautiful countryside of Val di Chiana and the UNESCO national heritage park of the Val d’Orcia with some other great experiences in life; fine food and wine at good selected restaurants. Here is one of the best places in Europe to sample both in this quiet corner of Tuscany. On booking, you’ll be able to choose either a hybrid or an ebike (electric motor assisted) cycle. Perfect Cycling conditions for leisure cyclists who wish to calmly ride through this beautiful region at a leisurely pace enabling you to experience the culture and many places of interest on two wheels instead of inside a car. You’ll admire breathtaking views, medieval hamlets and rolling vineyards as you cycle through some truly spectacular scenery with your experienced local guide. During the ride there will be opportunities to stop and take photographs as you please, we’ll pause for a coffee break at a local coffee bar chosen for its natural ambience. Our routes are carefully selected and designed for low level of traffic and the point of destination will also have a historical and architectural appeal. Included in your package with Cycling Tuscany are opportunities to dine at good selected restaurants, delicious tastings of locally produced world renown wine, olive oil and cured meats, a trip to a craft beer company as well as a shopping experience Italian style. There are two day trips (a) to either Siena or Orvieto (b) to either Florence or Assisi. The scenery, wine and gastronomy are just three of the many things that define Tuscany, and with this unique break, you’ll have the chance to experience a lot more!
Every morning we’ll meet at a local coffee bar to talk about your mornings cycle ride before setting off. The less taxing routes have been created so that you’ll be able to ride at a comfortable and leisurely pace arriving at the destination where you’ll be able to treat yourself to a panino, cappuccino or a refreshing beer! You’ll be able to immerse yourself in the Tuscan culture and enjoy the spectacular terrain around you. Once you’ve enjoyed exploring the destination stop you’ll be able to decide if you wish to return to Chianciano Terme by bike with the cycle guide, or take the option of returning by minibus with Luca for lunch at your hotel. The afternoon’s, except for the two excursions, are filled with interesting visits and tastings and evening meals with Cycling Tuscany will be enjoyed at good selected restaurants. Lunch on the day excursions will be enjoyed at very good selected restaurants.
- Day 1:Transfer from the airport or station to check in at your hotel in Chianciano Terme where you will receive a warm welcome and evening meal.
- Day 2: Today we’ll take the scenic road with views of Lago di Trasimeno in the distance, to the pretty medieval town of Cortona (also known for the novel Tuscany Under the Sun) set on the side of a large forested hill which was founded by the Etruscans over 2000 years ago. We’ll take a well deserved break at a local coffee bar where you’ll be able to treat yourself to a snack. Then you’ll have the opportunity to look around this beautiful town before the return to Chianciano Terme by minibus and lunch at your hotel. In the afternoon you’ll be taken to visit a local sheeps cheese producer so you can learn how the cheese is made and you’ll have the chance to taste the different varieties. If you’re not a sheeps cheese person, perhaps you’d prefer to relax at the Theia thermal pool complex or visit the Etruscan museum or the gardens of Sant Elena or Acqua Santa. You’ll be taken to a local selected restaurant for your evening meal.
- Day 3:We’ll head on to the Brunello Wine Road around the area of Montalcino where we’ll cycle through rolling vineyards and wine estates heading for Pienza and a well-deserved break at a local bar where you can treat yourself to a snack. You’ll love Pienza a classic renaissance town also well-known for the wonderful Pecorino cheese shops which you can explore at your leisure before returning to Chianciano Terme by bike with the cycle guide or by minibus with Luca for lunch at your hotel. During the afternoon we’ll take you to visit a wine cantina in Montalcino which produces the world famous Brunello wine. If this isn’t for you, you can visit a local honey producer and sample the many flavours. In the evening you’ll be able to enjoy being treated to an evening meal at a local selected restaurant.
- Day 4: You have a cycle-free day today and Cycling Tuscany will take you to either Siena or Orvieto where you can wander, browse and explore one of these outstanding cultural places. Lunch is included at a selected local restaurant. In the evening you can relax at your hotel where you will have this evening’s meal.
- Day 5: Today we’ll cycle along the Nobile wine road to Montepulciano which is said to be one of the highest hilltop towns in Tuscany situated on a ridge with Val d’Orcia on one side and Val di Chiana on the other providing spectacular views. Then you’ll have the opportunity to reward yourself with a snack and after, walk the steep historic narrow roads lined with specialist shops of leather and local products including cheese and wine and situated at the top of the town is Piazza Grande with its wonderful ancient buildings. The return journey to Chianciano Terme can either be by bike with your guide or in the minibus with Luca for lunch at your hotel. Later, we’ll take you to a wine cellar near Montepulciano so you will have the opportunity to taste the famous Nobile wine. Alternatively, if you wish to remain in Chianciano Terme, you can relax at the Theia thermal pool complex or visit the gardens of Sant Elena, or Acqua Santa or visit the Etruscan museum. The evening meal will be at a local selected restaurant.
- Day 6: We’ll be heading out on a ride that takes us to the hamlet of Montefollonico located on a wooded ridge looking down onto Val d’Chiana and the Vall d’Orcia and just a stone’s throw from Montepulciano. It is locally appreciated for the Vin Santo, a delicious dessert wine having been enjoyed as far back as the middle ages. A great place to stop for a light snack and a chance to stroll around to explore this extraordinary place where in the historical centre, life seems to continue at a gentle pace. After, you can decide if you’d like to return by bike to Chianciano Terme with your cycle guide or in the minibus with Luca for lunch at your hotel. In the afternoon it’s your opportunity to go shopping Italian style with Cycling Tuscany, and in the evening you’ll visit a local wine cellar/cantina for your evening meal.
- Day 7:Enjoy another cycle-free day, where Cycling Tuscany will take you to either Florence or Assisi where you can wander, browse and explore one of these outstanding and historical places. Lunch is included at an exclusive restaurant. In the evening you can relax and enjoy your evening meal at your hotel.
- Day 8:Departure Day and transfer to airport or station, we wish you a pleasant return journey.